PhD candidate in Global Health (Arizona State University)
Defense: February 2017
M.S. in Health Promotion (Indiana University; 2012)
B.S. in Business Administration (Goshen College; ICU- Kiev, Ukraine)
Certified Health Education Specialist (2012)[http://www.nchec.org/]
Research Assistant for the Culture Change and Behavior Lab.
This NSF-sponsored project uses a range of innovative experimental tools to measure social behavior across cultures, and the questions it asks are indeed grand: Dr. Hruschka’s work aims to advance our understanding of the cultural roots of cooperation and favoritism.
– Lay mental models of “healthy eating”
– Science communication: role of cognitive biases
– Diet and non-communicable disease (NCD)
– Food health risk and policy implications
Research sites: North America and Eastern Europe
It’s been an exciting publishing year. More coming soon..
2017 Accounting for cross-cultural variation in perceptions of healthy eating. Voytyuk and Hruschka. Journal of Cognition & Culture (in press)
2016 Psychological aspects of food biodesign. Saks, Danvers, Wissler, Voytyuk, Williams, Baker, & Votruba. Jurimetrics 56:2
2016 Human Food Preferences. Voytyuk. Encyclopedia of Evolutionary Psychological Science (in press). Springer International Publishing.
2016 Brain evolution resulting from Cooking. Voytyuk. Encyclopedia of Evolutionary Psychological Science. Springer International Publishing.
2016 Cooking: Increased Energy/Reduced Digestion. Voytyuk. Encyclopedia of Evolutionary Psychological Science (in press). Springer International Publishing. (in press)
2016 Young peoples’ perceptions of friend and peer influence on nutrition and physical activity behaviors. Bruening, Huberty, Skelton, & Voytyuk (in review)
- Pile sorting, Q methodology, semi-structured interviews
- Text transcription and thematic coding, codebook development, inter-coder agreement analysis. Software: MaxQDA
- Non-metric Multidimensional Scaling (MDS), Property Fitting analysis (PROFIT). Software: UCINET
- Survey development and administration (Qualtrics; MTURK)
- Statistical analysis via T-test, multiple regression, ANOVA, factor analysis, informal mediation analysis. Software: SPSS (beginner familiarity with SAS, R)
- Dietary context data collection via personally developed smartphone method, using scheduled text messages. Software: Qualtrics, EzTexting.
- Interpolation mapping (universal Krieging)- geographic information system (GIS). Software: ArcGIS (ESRI certification: Basics of Map Projections, 2014)
Languages: English (fluent), Russian (fluent- native), Spanish (basic).